Including collagen tablets in your daily routine is one of the easiest ways to improve the health and look of your hair, skin, and nails. What woman does not love having strong, shiny hair, beautiful nails, and glowing, healthy-looking skin? The trouble, however, lies in trying to find the right collagen supplements that produce real results. It is imperative that you read the labels carefully and pay attention to customer reviews on each product before making your choice.
In addition to improving the way we look, collagen is also necessary for a number of bodily functions. In fact, collagen is the most abundant protein in the human body. It forms an integral part of our hair, eyes, skin, nails, bones, ligaments, and teeth. Many health professionals often refer to collagen as the ‘glue’ that holds our body together. A deficiency of collagen in the diet has harmful consequences in the long run. Some of these consequences are:
- Weak, brittle bones that are more likely to fracture or break
- Intense joint pain
- Rough, dry, discolored skin
- Painful cracked heels
- Weak, brittle nails
- Weak hair follicles and hair loss
- Suppressed immune system, which means you are bound to get sick more often
Are Collagen Tablets the Secret to Beauty?
While it is true that our bodies were designed to produce collagen naturally, we also tend to produce far less as we age. When this occurs, the structural integrity of our hair, skin, and nails becomes compromised. This is one of the leading causes of wrinkles, hair loss, and unattractive nails. That is why collagen tablets come so highly recommended. These work to increase collagen levels quickly and often have very little adverse effects on the body.
The Various Types of Collagen
As we have discussed, the protein known as collagen has a significant impact on our bodies, especially our connective tissues. Scientists have identified 13 different types of collagen:
- Type I – there is more type I than any other kind of collagen in our bodies. It forms an integral part of our skin and tendons
- Type II – significant quantities are found in our cartilages and joints
- Type III – plays a crucial role in the production of connective tissue fibers
- Type IV – forms a part of our basilar membrane
- Type V – is essential for the formation of scars and healing of wounds
- Type VI – is very similar in structure to type V collagen
- Type VII – is necessary for glowing, healthy skin
- Type VIII – present in our veins and arteries
- Type IX, X, XI – works along with type II collagen to keep joints and cartilages healthy
The Benefits of Collagen Supplements
It should now be even more evident that collagen forms part of just about every inch of our bodies. It goes without saying that we need it to keep our bodies healthy. More specifically, collagen also provides the following benefits:
- Helps skin to retain moisture and reduces the risk of wrinkles
- Evens out the tone of your skin and prevents discoloration
- Reduces the amount of time wounds take to heal
- Improves in the rate at which the body generates new skin cells
- Helps prevent the formation of cellulite
- Reduces the rate at which your hair turns grey
- Prevents hair loss
- Prevents or reduces the likelihood of developing stretch marks
- Prevents nails from becoming brittle and helps them grow longer
- Strengthens joints, bones, and teeth
- Improves circulation of the blood
Do Collagen Pills Really Work?
The simple answer is yes. Collagen is an essential part of our bodies and can significantly improve our health. Collagen tablets are a safe way to ensure that your body is nourished with just the right amount of collagen each day. Plus, there are very few side effects of taking collagen tablets, and they are very easy to digest. That is why collagen tablets come so highly recommended.
It is undoubtedly a good idea for you to become more familiar with the benefits of collagen. Many of us have been suffering from a collagen deficiency without even realizing how harmful this is to our bodies. Who wouldn’t want to look younger and healthier? Plus which one of us would not want to keep our skin, nails, bones, and teeth healthy? It is time you started taking better care of your body by taking collagen tablets. Just one each day can drastically improve the way you look and feel.